The Digital Growth Strategist is an experienced marketer who will help us use digital technologies to serve our clients’ organizational growth goals. You will identify needs and new opportunities, research and identify trends, design and implement digital growth strategies utilizing the latest digital growth technologies. For this position, you should be a self-starter geared toward processes; be creative and comfortable working with a team; and be passionate about serving nonprofits and faith-based organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Working with Customers:
- Understand client partners’ mission, purpose and organizational goals.
- Set digital marketing strategies using all necessary channels (e.g. website, emails, SEO/SEM, social media, retargeting etc.).
- Research products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities.
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence.
- Monitor SEO/SEM, email, Google Analytics and digital retargeting metrics to forecast trends.
- Innovate and implement strategies and tactics to positively impact client goals using SEO/SEM, email marketing, personalization and digital retargeting.
- Keep up-to-date with our audiences’ preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns.
- Work closely with Account Executives, Designers, Developers and Contractors to create strategy documents, write compelling content, implement and monitor ad performance, optimize campaign effectiveness, create final KPI reports, provide an outstanding customer experience and ensure brand consistency.
- Implement, maintain and expand best practices in digital marketing.
- Implement, maintain and expand “The Five Q Way” for Digital Growth by designing and documenting Digital Growth processes and keeping documentation updated.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technologies developments.
- Have a mindset for growth of the organization and be able to identify ways to increase their impact in the digital space.
- Assist in sales conversations around digital growth opportunities.
- Speak on topics related to digital growth as needed.
- Contribute to the team achieving a target Net Promoter Score (NPS) score for assigned clients and projects.
- Maintain target Gross Margin on client engagements.
- Respond to direct client communication as soon as possible, and no longer than 1 business day.
- Achieve an approximate distribution of work time as follows: 80% of work time to billable client work; 10% to learning and growing your craft; and 10% to internal meetings and administrative tasks over an expected 40-45 hour work week.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience.
- No less than 5 years experience providing digital marketing strategies and/or implementation for ministry and/or nonprofit organization(s).
- Strong communication, relational and EQ skills are required.
- Experience developing and delivering on complex digital marketing projects in both scope and budget.
- Demonstrated experience delivering positive results for digital marketing projects within scope, on-budget and on-time.
Desired Attributes (not required, but would like to see):
- Experience working in a digital agency.
- Desired knowledge of:
- Basic design principles for the web
- Basic software programming and content management systems
- Principles of writing and editing for the web
- Web usability and user experience
- Project management and time tracking skills / tools
- Email marketing and social media trends / best practices
- Work from the Five Q headquarters in Atlantic, Iowa 3 days per week. You will be able to work remotely 2 days per week, if desired.
- Demonstrated consistency with the Five Q core values: Integrity, trust, excellence, learning and sustainability.
- Be trustworthy, transparent, and demonstrate integrity in all that you do.
- Be a multiplier: able to draw out the best in others and motivate them to achieve results even they didn’t think were possible. Bring energy.
- Be a leader with a teacher’s heart and a learner with a teachable spirit.
- Be committed to excellence in your work, character, and spirit.
- Be willing to take humble initiative, being fully assertive yet fully collaborative in a team structure.
- Be a consistent and dedicated contributor to the growth of Five Q.
- Deliver results for our customers on
time and on budget.
- Provide an outstanding customer experience as measured by the Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Work efficiently and profitably as measured by gross margin for the customers you serve.
Salary & Benefits
- The position full-time
- Salary is based upon experience
- Other benefits include:
- Discretionary time off*
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Workers Compensation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Direct Deposit
- Professional Enrichment and Training
* Five Q’s Discretionary Time Off policy covers both sick leave and vacation time. More details about the guideposts on this policy will be provided.)
About Five Q
Five Q is a software and services company, founded on the principle of multiplying impact. At the heart of what we do is an unwavering commitment to grow the missions of nonprofit organizations in the US and worldwide.
Since 2004, Five Q has been serving nonprofit organizations by helping marketers and fundraisers reach their digital audiences through user experience, creative design, SEO, SEM, email marketing, website development, and website personalization. Five Q is headquartered in Atlantic, Iowa. Since adding the Journity Platform, Five Q is a Seed Series funded company with team members in Atlantic and across the US.
Journity is the intellectual power of personalization, a software solution for marketing and fundraising professionals, dedicated to nonprofit organizations. Journity leaves behind the “one to many” approach to messaging, by remembering every web visitor and understanding what each visitor cares about. By combining this technology with an easy-to-use dashboard and detailed reporting, cause-based organizations can set up customized web campaigns, based on precise understanding of each visitor’s interests. Journity has helped many nonprofit organizations meet and exceed their fundraising and new name acquisition goals.