The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for leading a team that creates an incredible experience for the Five Q client partners. AEs serve our client partners by collaborating to learn their organizational purpose and objective. They work with Five Q team members to develop digital plans to help the organization maximize its impact within the budget that they possess. AEs bring alignment to staff resources to accomplish the digital plans and projects that result in advancing both Five Q and its client partners.
The primary objective of the Account Executive is to identify and manage Digital Services team resources, client projects and budgets, and meet or exceed client expectations by:
- Providing outstanding client care (NPS score) by completing projects on time, on budget, and a target gross margin.
- Assisting with sales and marketing presentations, Statements of Work, and estimates for new client and current client sales opportunities.
- Identifying efficiencies and improvements in project processes, communication, and tools to reduce work in process and improve flow time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with Client Partners
- Understand assigned client partners’ mission, purpose, and organization goals.
- Build intentional relationships with clients and proactively work to gain their trust, communicating frequently to be aware of any pain points and organizational needs.
- Lead assigned project team to provide outstanding customer service for our clients.
- Balance multiple client work priorities, retainer, and project deadlines for assigned team.
- Advocate the “end user” (user experience) to both the Five Q staff and the client.
- Provide regular reports on task and hours progress to clients (frequency depends on project/retainer size as well as client need).
- Manage the daily, weekly and monthly priorities for assigned clients and team.
- Plan and manage client/project budgets, invoicing, and related financial conversations.
- Facilitate an annual in-person strategy (when possible) and review for specific retainer clients.
- Facilitate a quarterly review with the client executives for specific retainer clients.
- Facilitate a monthly review of general statistical trends for specific clients.
- Have a mindset for growth of the client and be able to identify ways to increase impact in the digital space.
Working with Five Q Staff
- Manage programmer, designer, and growth strategy consultants’ tasks, budgets, schedule, and scope to assure client work is completed with excellence on time, on budget, and on feature.
- Review work performed by programmers, designers, and contractors prior to submission to the client as the final line of quality control.
- Work collectively with the other Account Executives to create weekly and monthly resourcing plans so as to complete internal and external work in a timely manner.
- Plan weekly project work schedules for programming, design, and growth strategy resources. Additionally, be able to forecast resource and work needs for client assignments for long-term capacity planning.
- Audit and approve weekly timesheets for assigned team members.
- Create estimates for new sales opportunities and projects with existing clients.
- Promote Five Q services to assigned clients when it meets their needs.
- Manage contractors when needed for specific projects.
- Accurately track time through the company time tracking system.
- Present a professional image of Five Q to current and potential clients at all times.
- Participate in team meetings (may be required to travel).
- Travel for training or client meetings when necessary.
- Be a self starter and work with limited supervision.
- Bill 65% of work time to client work, with an expected 40-45 hour work week.
- Maintain a target NPS score for assigned clients and projects.
- Maintain a target Gross Margin on client engagements.
- Make sure all requests from clients are responded to within 1 business day
- Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, marketing communications, information technology, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication, relational, and EQ skills are required.
- Experience in leading a project team, including mentoring talent and providing guidance and leadership among a diverse array of personalities.
- Experience leading complex projects in both scope and budget.
- Experience with digital marketing and website/mobile app technical projects (website, mobile, social, digital strategy, development, etc).
- Able to work independently out of a home office.
Desired Attributes (not required, but would like to see)
- Experience working in a digital agency.
- Experience working with nonprofits, Christian ministries, or churches.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles: waterfall, modified waterfall, lean, and agile methodologies.
- Experience with time tracking, project management, and ticket-based issue tracking technology.
- Desired knowledge of:
- Basic design principles for the web
- Software programming and content management systems (WordPress)
- Principles of writing and editing for the web
- Web usability and user experience
- Demonstrated consistency with the Five Q core values: integrity, trust, excellence, learning and sustainability.
- Be trustworthy, transparent, and demonstrate integrity in all that you do.
- Be a multiplier: Able to draw out the best in others and motivate them to achieve results even they didn’t think were possible. Bring energy.
- Be a leader with a teacher's heart and a learner with a teachable spirit.
- Be committed to excellence in your work, character, and spirit.
- Be willing to take humble initiative, being fully assertive yet fully collaborative in a team structure.
- Be a consistent and dedicated contributor to the growth of Five Q.
Salary & Benefits Package
- This position is full-time
- Compensation is based upon experience
- Other benefits include:
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Insurance Stipend
- Discretionary time off*
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Workers Compensation
- Jury Duty Leave
- Direct Deposit
- Professional Enrichment and Training
* Five Q’s Discretionary Time Off policy covers both sick leave and vacation time. More details about the guideposts on this policy will be provided.
About Five Q
Five Q is a software and services company, founded on the principle of multiplying impact. At the heart of what we do is an unwavering commitment to grow the missions of nonprofit organizations in the US and worldwide.
Since 2004, Five Q has been serving nonprofit organizations by helping marketers and fundraisers reach their digital audiences through user experience, creative design, SEO, SEM, email marketing, website development, and website personalization. Five Q is headquartered in Atlantic, Iowa. Since adding the Journity Platform, Five Q is a Seed Series funded company with team members in Atlantic and across the US.
Are you ready to make a true impact by joining a team that directly influences the nonprofit industry? Then let’s talk!