Five Q is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented, proven digital leader to fill a crucial position on the team. This role requires a leader who can demonstrate deep commitment to success and innovation, and who will support the overarching business objectives and company brand.
We are looking for a person who can build out semi-custom websites for our clients using our own website creator. A successful candidate will be able to take existing content and design a site that looks great, make that design come to life using our Impact Platform (based on a flat file CMS called Kirby), perform needed customizations of that site with HTML and CSS (Tailwind). It would be fantastic if you know some PHP and can help create site plugins that can be reused across all our sites. You will need a keen eye for good design principles and the ability to comfortably execute in Photoshop or Affinity Design.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design, User Experience, and User Interface Responsibilities:
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes from start to finish
- Optimizing websites for different formats like desktops, tablets, and mobile devices
- Working with internal team members and clients to identify their needs and develop the overall look and design of a website
- Adding content, building page layouts, and designing pages according to industry best practices and standards in our Ministry Impact Platform
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Assisting with key digital creative initiatives for Five Q and our clients
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand
- Collaborating with the copywriting, marketing, graphic design, and client experience teams to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design
Front End Developer Responsibilities:
- Making use of TailwindCSS within designs
- Producing, maintaining, and modifying websites and user interfaces
- Embedding code, images, audio, and video clips into client websites
- Routinely testing websites for ease of use, speed, and other quality factors
- Working with back-end developers to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical requirements or UX design
- Debugging errors, troubleshoot issues, and perform routine performance optimizations
- Writing high-quality, scalable, and reusable code
- Staying plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends
- 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Understanding of key website design principles, SEO optimization, and core web vitals
- Comfortable using Photoshop or Affinity Designer
- Ability to use client input to create functional, creative, and user friendly web pages
- Ability to test and debug technical issues
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Observant and able to remain focused on tasks for long periods of time
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with HTML5, including semantic HTML5 elements, microformats, and WAI-ARIA
- Experience with TailwindCSS
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as Sass, Less, or Stylus
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Positive outlook and professionalism in all aspects of daily tasks
- Uses good judgment and works with integrity
- Experience working with ministries, churches, and nonprofits is preferred
- Prior agency experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to modify some PHP code is preferred
- Some experience with build tools such as Gulp, Vite, or Webpack is preferred
- Demonstrated consistency with the Five Q core values: Ministry-minded, Integrity, trust, standardized excellence, and growth.
- Be trustworthy, transparent, and demonstrate integrity in all that you do.
- Be a multiplier: able to draw out the best in others and motivate them to achieve results even they didn’t think were possible. Bring energy.
- Be a leader with a teacher's heart and a learner with a teachable spirit.
- Be committed to excellence in your work, character, and spirit.
- Be willing to take humble initiative, being fully assertive yet fully collaborative.
- Be a consistent and dedicated contributor to the growth of Five Q.
- Bill 70% of work time to client work, with an expected 40-45 hour work week
- Maintain a target NPS score for assigned clients and projects
- Maintain target Gross Margin on client engagements
- Make sure all requests from clients are responded to within 1 business day
Salary & Benefits Package
- Full-time position
- Salary based upon experience
- Other benefits include:
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Discretionary time off*
- Insurance Stipend
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Workers Compensation
- Jury Duty Leave
- Direct Deposit
- Professional Enrichment and Training
- Family & Medical Leave
- Work Remotely
- Two in person Team Meetings each year where we get quality time with colleauges!
* Five Q’s Discretionary Time Off policy covers both sick leave and vacation time. More details about the guideposts on this policy will be provided.
About Five Q
Five Q is a software and services company, founded on the principle of multiplying impact. At the heart of what we do is an unwavering commitment to grow the missions of nonprofit organizations in the US and worldwide.
Since 2004, Five Q has been serving nonprofit organizations by helping marketers and fundraisers reach their digital audiences through user experience, creative design, SEO, SEM, email marketing, website development, and website personalization. Five Q is headquartered in Atlantic, Iowa. Since adding the Journity Platform, Five Q is a Seed Series funded company with team members in Atlantic and across the US.
Are you ready to make a true impact by joining a team that directly influences the nonprofit industry? Then let’s talk!